Norwegian duo Royksopp have unveiled the tracklisting for their fifth studio album, ‘The Inevitable End‘, which according to the press release will be the duo’s last.
Before you get too depressed this is not the end of Royksopp but more the end of Royksopp making albums in the confines of a CD or Vinyl.
Having now created five complete bodies of work, the pair feel like the future is open to being more experimental with how they share their music. “We feel like this is a goodbye to the traditional album format,” explains Svein.
“In our consecutive run of albums, we have been able to say what we want to say and do what we want to do with the LP. We’re not going to stop making music, but the album format as such, this is the last thing from us.”
The duo’s new album will be released in November, and will be the second record the duo have released this year after working alongside Robyn for their joint mini album, ‘Do It Again‘.
“With ‘The Inevitable End’ we’ve moved into a darker subject matter, with emphasis on the lyrical content. This candid approach feels very both personal, sincere and conclusive.” says Svein, “With this album it became clear we wanted to make an album in a classical sense even if it’s the last one we make,” adds Torbjørn.
Stream the album’s opener, ‘Skulls’ below.
2) Monument feat. Robyn (T.I.E. Version)
3) Sordid Affair (Ryan James, Man Without Country)
4) You Know I Have To Go (Jamie McDermott, The Irrepressibles)
5) Save Me (Susanne Sundfør)
6) I Had This Thing (Jamie McDermott, The Irrepressibles)
7) Rong (Robyn)
8) Here She Comes Again (Jamie McDermott, The Irrepressibles)
9) Running To The Sea (Susanne Sundfør)
10) Compulsion (Jamie McDermott, The Irrepressibles)
11) Coup de Grace
12) Thank You