Good news Xbox One gamers, Swedish-based streaming service Spotify has finally launched on Microsoft’s console.
The service had been tied to an exclusivity deal with Playstation but that deal has finally ended meaning Xbox One users can finally listen to Spotify whilst gaming.
The new app, which is available from the Xbox Store from today, features background listening meaning you can soundtrack games with your own personal music taste.
To make life even easier, users are also able to control the app via their phone, too, so long as your Xbox and smartphone are on the same Wi-Fi network, using Spotify’s connect iOS and Android apps.
To download the app just head to the Xbox Store and search for Spotify.
- Play music in the background while gaming.
- Browse playlists from different genres and moods. Or check out new releases.
- Play your own playlists or songs from Your Music.
- Search for any song, album, or playlist.
- Use Spotify Connect to control the music from your mobile device.
Listen while you game
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to bring up the Xbox menu.
- Select Spotify to choose and play some music. It continues playing when you return to your game via the Xbox menu.
- Find the play bar at the bottom of the Xbox menu to skip songs, play/pause, or adjust the volume.
- Alternatively, use Spotify Connect to use your phone to control the music remotely.
Tip: If the game allows, you can disable in-game music for the best Spotify experience.